- Activist Organizations (20)
- Grass root organizations with a focus in advocacy.
- Legal (6)
- Organizations that focus on providing legal assistance to prisoners
- Policy (12)
- Organizations focusing on broad policy analysis and systemic change.
- Professional Associations (2)
- Organizations for people who work in the prison corrections field.
- Service (13)
- Organizations helping both prisoners and families of prisoners with programs dealing with emotional support, book exchanges, and other programs.
- Children of Prisoners Library - The loss of a parent to incarceration means a crisis for that child. Concerned people in all settings are dealing with children of prisoners and their caregivers daily, but in most cases without benefit of training or specific information. To help meet this need, Family and Corrections Network has created a new resource—the Children of Prisoners Library. (Added: 18-Sep-2005 Hits: 111)
- prisonersolidarity.org - "The internet site Prisonersolidarity.org serves as a catalyst for communication between prisoners and people on "the outside." It publishes updated research, news, opinion pieces and educational material from activists, writers, prisoners, and the concerned public." (Added: 18-Jan-2006 Hits: 105)